On Tuesday, April 9, 2013, The Technology Council of Pennsylvania held its 21st Annual PA Tech Awards Celebration at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center. This annual event honors Pennsylvania's leading technology companies, professionals, entrepreneurs and educators.
Winners in eight categories were announced during the program:
• Innovation Company of the Year: GL Noble Denton - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
• Technology Educator of the Year, K-12 Category: Mr. David Zinn - Southwestern School District
• Technology Educator of the Year, Post-Secondary Category: Mr. Chuck Davis - Harrisburg University
• Start-Up Company of the Year: Red Privet, LLC - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
• Technology Provider of the Year: Concurrent Technology Corporation - Johnstown, Pennsylvania
• Public Service Innovator of the Year: Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
• Technology Company of the Year: WebPageFX - Carlisle, Pennsylvania
• Technology Leader of the Year: Mr. Ken Moscone, CEO QBC Diagnostics - Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
"Innovation has long been a keystone of Pennsylvania's economic vitality and the Commonwealth has myriad leading companies and individuals who deserve recognition for their significant accomplishments," said David Bonsick, President and CEO of the Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania. “We had more than 75 companies nominated in the eight categories, so the judges had a very difficult time picking winners from so many great submissions” added Bonsick. “And, the diversity of the winners – everything from web design companies to medical and defense technologies -- really demonstrates the tremendous scope and breadth of the Commonwealth’s technology industry.
The evening’s events also included a technology showcase where nearly two-dozen exhibitors showed off what is new and hot in the world of technology and a keynote address on “building and innovation economy” by Dr. Robert D. Atkinson, President of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation. “So, regardless of who actual won awards, the entire technology industry is able to take one night out of the year to celebrate its accomplishments and achievements,” continued Bonsick. “And that is what the PA Tech Awards Celebration is all about.”
And congratulations to David Kerr from AT&T for winning the evening's Grand Prize Giveaway: a chartered sailing trip of Barnegat Bay, New Jersey courtesy of Digital Samba and SailTime Jersey Shore.
View Photos from the Gala